Athletic Team Offerings
Our interscholastic programs are as follows:
- Volleyball (5th-8th grades)
- Cross Country (5th-8th grades)
- Boys Basketball
- 5th & 6th Team
- 7th & 8th Team
- Girls Basketball
- Poms/Dance (5th-8th grades)
- Track & Field (5th-8th grades)
INTERSCHOLASTIC ACTIVITY GUIDELINES
Interscholastic activities are considered a learning and enrichment experience within a sound educational program at Honor Intermediate School. In order to fully participate in the extracurricular program a student must meet appropriate academic and behavioral expectations.
- Students are expected to maintain acceptable grades. Receiving one F or 2 Ds on their Progress Report will result in student athlete ineligibility to participate in scheduled competitions for one week. Student athletes receiving one F or 2 Ds on their Report Card will result in ineligibility to participate in scheduled competitions for a two-week period.
- At the end of the one/two-week ineligibility period, the student is responsible for showing the coach verification of improvement for reinstatement.
- Teachers are to forward the names of students who receive one F or two Ds in their class to the office at the time of progress reports and report cards.
- The coach is responsible for checking with the school office regarding student eligibility. The coach will be responsible for determining if the student athlete should continue attending practice during the ineligibility period.
- Academic failures (F) or D grades will not prohibit a student from participating in curriculum-related activities.
- Students who frequently disrupt the educational environment and disregard school rules will jeopardize their eligibility for interscholastic activities.
- Students are required to complete all detentions and suspensions before participating in an interscholastic activity.
- Upon receipt of a second in-school suspension during a quarter of school, the student will be ineligible for interscholastic activities for the remainder of the season or quarter whichever is longer.
- Upon receipt of a third out-of-school suspension, the student will be ineligible for extracurricular activities for the remainder of the semester.
- Student athletes are not permitted to suit up during the ineligibility period.
- Appropriate behavior is also expected during interscholastic activities. Coaches and advisors have the authority to remove students who disrupt any interscholastic activity.
- By activity, coaches may determine student athlete awards associated with their interscholastic program.
Students are eligible to complete until informed of their change in status by administration.