Welcome to the Library!
September 8, 2020
Our school year is off to a great start! It has been so wonderful to see our students back at school, enthusiastic to learn!
Some things to keep in mind about the library this year:
- We are still collecting books that were checked out in the spring of 2020. If you come across any stray library books at home, please return them as soon as possible!
- Books that are returned to the library will be "quarantined" on a cart for at least 4 days before being returned to circulation.
- Shelf markers will be sanitized after use, as will tables and chairs.
May 30, 2020
Mrs. Knight will continue to check out books throughout the summer, however, we need as many completed books back as possible. Please return any books that you are no longer reading at one of the drop boxes that are available at both buildings, 24/7.
If you are interested in checking out books during the month of June, please let Mrs. Knight know when you will be able to pick up the book(s) and which location you will use for pick up.
We will reevaluate and determine if the elementary library can be open a morning a week, as we have the past two years, at the end of June.
Check back for updates.
March 30, 2020
In an effort to keep our students reading during this time, HNR libraries will offer library book pick up and return during lunch pick up (11:00-11:30 Monday - Friday).
In order for this to work smoothly and safely, the following steps need to be taken:
- Place a hold on the library Destiny catalog site (available on the Resource pages of the HNR website). Use the “Log in using your account with Herman-Neosho-Rubicon” option. If your child does not know his/her HNR login information, please contact Mrs. Knight at email@example.com.
Email Mrs. Knight the books your child would like at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Either way, you MUST email Mrs. Knight the location you would like the books picked up (Trinity Community Center, Honor Intermediate, or Honor Elementary).
- Please place your holds or email Mrs. Knight by 7:00 pm the day previous to picking your requests up.
- Pick up your book requests from 11:00-11:30 at the specified pick up location.
- Return any library books to the locations provided.
Students will be allowed to check out three books for a period of four weeks. Books may be renewed upon request.
The library staff will be taking precautions to make sure all transactions are done safely. Gloves will be worn when the books are removed from the shelves and checked out. They will be placed in labeled plastic bags at the pick up spot. PLEASE LEAVE THE BAG AT THE PICK UP SPOT.
Returned books will be left on the cart for 72 hours prior to being re-shelved or checked out to another student.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Knight at email@example.com.