Welcome to the Thursday E-News! This page is always available via our website.
If a word or phase is underlined, it's most likely a link to view more details so click on it!
2021-2022 School Year CALENDAR : As you look forward to future events into the 2021-2022 school year, please take a look at the HNR School District 2021-2022 School Calendar to help with planning around days off of school.
FREE Meals for Students (2021-22 School Year)
All HNR Students are able to receive breakfast (Elementary building only) and lunch at no cost for the 2021-22 school year. Items not included with a meal such as milk with your cold lunch will remain at full price. FREE Lunch Program! This is offered for ALL of our Students K- 8th Grade! Try it out - you may find it saves you some time and stress in the mornings and your students will be able to eat a hot well balanced meal at lunchtime!
PTO UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Mark your calendars for TRUNK or TREAT to be held on Thursday, October 14th / 6:30 - 7:30 pm at HoNoR Intermediate in the parking lot. Last year was a blast and there are promises for it to be bigger and better, so put it on your calendars today!
- Have you ever been served a Big Mac by one of your teachers? Well your chance is coming! Head on over to McDonalds in Hartford on Wednesday, October 6th for McTeacher Night from 4 - 7 pm. You never know who you will see at the counter serving up your food with a smile!
PICTURE DAY: Bring your smiles in on Wednesday, October 6th for Picture Re-Take Day. Network photography will be at both buildings making sure to catch pictures of all the students and staff that missed it during Open House. Here is the picture re-order form to use that day to place your order for pictures.
HoNoR Elementary BOOKFAIR! It's time to restock the bookshelves at home and help your school out simultaneously! Time for some new books?
|Athletics / Clubs|
5K Field Trip to NIEMAN MARKETS: Wednesday, October 6th / 9am - 1pm, check the letter and field trip permission slip for all details.
SIGN UP FOR STUDENT COUNCIL TODAY!
Do you enjoy being involved with positive changes for your school? Do you consider yourself a good planner and organizer? Would you like to help the community and others in need? Do you enjoy planning dances and fun events? If you answered yes to these questions the Student Council is looking for you!! 5th - 8th grade students can participate in Student Council. If you would like to apply, please download the Student Council Application and Teacher Reference Sheets and submit the forms to the Intermediate office by Tuesday, September 21st.
What's happening with our new School Counselor Mrs. Sarnow? Check out her updated webpage here. Also, take a peek at her social/emotional newsletter here!
|Parent Teacher Organization|
PTO Meetings ~ Next meeting is Monday, September 13th at 6:30 pm at Honor Intermediate
- Market Day ~ Now order your Market Day items and earn money for HNR. Check out the details on the PTO Market Day Page!
- Scrip ~ this is a great resource to start saving YOU money with any purchase! With each gift card purchased, 2% goes into your family account that you can use for the 8th grade trip! Start saving today!
Click here to find out more information here!
- Recycle Toner Cartridges ~ our school collects printer cartridges (no tube tubes).
Click here for more information.
- Box Tops ~ Clip and Save Box Tops! Send them to school in a zip lock bag with your child's teacher's name.
Click here for more information.
- Tabs for the Ronald McDonald House ~ Send your beverage tabs to school to show our support for the Ronald McDonald House.
BUS DRIVERS NEEDED! Wittenberger Bus Service is in need of bus drivers for the 2021-2022 school year. Please read the flyer below with more details and call them today to hear about this great opportunity at 262-673-3777.
HARTFORD Police Cadet Unit Youth Program: The Hartford Police Department Public Safety Cadet Unit is a volunteer organization that trains and teaches youth ages 14-20 about law enforcement. The program gives the participant an opportunity to learn about law enforcement from a different perspective and assess it as a possible career choice. Cadets train in hands-on scenarios that officers respond to, participate in local, state, and regional competitions, and volunteer at community-area events. Additionally, members of the program have the opportunity to go to leadership development academies for different federal law enforcement agencies.
CURBSIDE MEALS: Community Meals are provided at NO CHARGE for anyone 18 and under. The meals must be ordered HERE online between 9AM Friday-9AM Monday. All 5 meals for the week will be picked up on WEDNESDAYs at HoNoR Intermediate between 12:30 - 1:00 pm at the door marked "CURBSIDE MEALS". See the informational sheet below for the meal selections for October.
GIRL SCOUTS: All girls grade K-12 are welcome! Sign Up Today!
FOOD PANTRY OPEN: at Trinity Community Center
Herman Hornets 4-H - Come check out what our Club has to offer!
Our meetings are typically held the 2nd Tuesday of the month at Trinity Community Center (formerly Herman School).
Join CUB SCOUTS: Please see our flyer for details and contact information if you are interested in Cub Scouts. You will learn all about Troop 3741 and what a year in cub scouts looks like, details to join and other exciting things to keep you in the know!
Neosho Utopians 4-H - If interested in joining Neosho Utopians 4H Club please contact Brenda Conley firstname.lastname@example.org or 920-625-3691 for more